Frequently Asked Questions
View this document to read FAQ related to Finance Accounts.
- Account Global
- Account - Edit Attributes
- Account Balances - Finding
- Account - Create New
- Account - Create New from Copy
- Accounting Line
- Accounting Lines Import
- Accounting String Overview
- Delegate Approval of e-Docs
- Delegate Model - Apply to Accounts
- Delegate Model - Create
- Delegate - Removing Account Delegates
- Object Code - Legacy Lookup
- Object Code Hierarchy
- Object Code Lookup - Historical Financial
- Project Code - Create
- Sub-Account - Create
- Sub-Accounts - Creating a Budget within a Sub-Account
- Sub-Accounts - Funding Methods
- Sub-Accounts - Funding with Budgeted Appropriations
- Sub-Accounts - Funding with Cash
- Sub-Accounts - Moving Actual Income and Expense Transactions
- Sub-Object Code - Create
- Account Balance: Describes Current Account Balance in the Finance system, used to view basic information for one or more accounts or sub-accounts.
- Accounting String Overview: Describes the fields and layout of accounting strings.
- Closing an Account: Information, including a checklist, to help you with the necessary steps to expire an account and prevent future activity.
- Fiscal Officer Change: Step-by-step instructions, including screenshots, on how to changed the Fiscal Officer on an account.
- Fund Groups: Maps legacy account ranges to current fund/sub-funds.
- Funds and Sub-Funds: Lists funds and sub-funds including codes, names, description and whether the sub-funds allow payroll charges.
- Object Code Changes: An overview and explanation of changes to Object Codes for the 2013 fiscal year.
- Project Code Import: An overview of using the Project Code Import e-Doc to import a list of project code names and numbers into the Finance system.
- Sub-Account Import: An overview of using the Sub-Account Import e-Doc to import a list of sub-account names and numbers into the Finance system.
- Sub-Object Code Import: An overview of using the Sub-Object Code Import e-Doc to import a list of sub-object code names and numbers into the Finance system.
Educational Session Materials
Fiscal Year End/Closing Accounts
- Held May 9, 2012.
- View a PDF version of the Fiscal Year End 12 presentation.
- Watch a recording of the Fiscal Year End 12 presentation.
- Read Questions & Answers from the Fiscal Year End session.
- View a PDF version of the Closing Accounts presentation.
- Watch a recording of the Closing Accounts presentation.
- Read Questions & Answers from the Closing Accounts session.
EBS February 2012 Enhancements: Finance and Business Intelligence
- Held February 14 and 28, 2012.
- View a PDF version of the presentation.
- Watch the recorded webinar here.
- View an overview of the Finance changes.
Month End Reports and Activities webinar
Finance Workflow Part 2: Account Delegates and Organization Review webinar.